Wednesday, October 22, 2008

YouTube

Boy howdy, YouTube is fun! It's also a huge time waster if one browses aimlessly. I most frequently end up on YouTube when someone sends an email ("You've got to watch this!") to a goofy or poignant video or when I've missed a clip from SNL (Tina Fey as Sarah Palin) or Meet the Press (Colin Powell endorsing Obama).

For this 20th 'thing', I entered "Vastards" in the search box hoping to find a clip from my son's a capella group of three years ago. It was a shot in the dark but, voila, there was one video from the original group posted on YouTube. Yay! (He's the tall, handsome one wearing a tie.)



YouTube is easy to use and has an amazing variety of content. I had a library customer who was looking for professional level DVDs explaining HVAC procedures. CML doesn't own anything but I found short detailed clips on YouTube. The customer was very happy with that option.

No comments: