Thursday, October 9, 2008

Loved This One - Discovering Web 2.0 tools

Wow! So many great sites, so little time. I used the "short list" to search the winners of the Web 2.0 Awards and so far I've found four sites that I've added to my list on Delicious. Though there are many great sites, the one I'll recommend at work is LiveMocha (honorable mention on the Education list). As the New York Times describes it, Live Mocha is "A powerful opportunity for people around the world to connect with language partners". One can connect with native speakers around the world and improve at your own pace with free online lessons. The key word here is free.

I wanted to recommend Spanish Pod (third in the Education catagory) but it's costs range from $5.00 up to $29.00 a month and $125.00 at the executive level. I listened to a demo of a lesson and REALLY liked it; I would definitely recommend the site for those who could afford it. Spanish Pod does have a free RSS lesson feed that is worth exploring. There are also lessons in Chinese, French and Italian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool, I signed up with LiveMocha, I'll have to let you know how it goes.