Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Finding Feeds

From the title one would naturally assume that we're talking restaurants. Sorry, no restaurants (though you might want to check out my Bloglines feed for Restaurant Widow "dining.drinking.cooking in Columbus, Ohio").

No, it's time to play more with RSS feeds. I looked at Topix.net, Syndic8.com and Technorati and didn't particularly like any of them. They seem geared toward News (yes with a capital N) or news of the weird, nothing I was interested in.


I like iGoogle and my.Yahoo aggregators 'cause they're pretty and organized visually AND because it was easy to pick sites of interest. Or I go to favorite websites to link to their feeds. Notice the pics of my iGoogle and my.Yahoo. Nice, right?

I like discovering feeds by bumming around, jumping from one site to another, serendipitously finding something of interest and then BAM, adding it to my favorites list (old way) and now adding it to my Bloglines list.
P.S. Thanks to Steve for preventing a total whine fest by helping me with the screen shots.

No comments: