Monday, November 17, 2008

The End

Learn and Play was a fantastic experience for me and I'm sorry that it's at an end. Not only did I explore many fun sites (Letter James and StumbleUpon for example) and tools (Delicious), I was 'forced' to learn common tricks of website usage/organization/manipulation in order to function in those sites.

With my new-found computer skills (thanks to my co-workers who showed me the way) I am much more comfortable exploring other tools/sites. It's a special thrill to be able to recommend websites or discuss tools with my techie sons! My "huh?" look will less frequently be due to computer issues.

I think Learn and Play is so valuable it should be a required class for all new reference staff and optional to all staff. Learn and Play makes us a smarter, more effective workforce.

I liked the format and the amount of time that was given to complete the tasks; the experience would have been stressful if the time limit was more stringent. I would definitely sign up for similar programs.

Thanks for the opportunity to learn!

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

No comments: