Monday, August 18, 2008

Just a toe in

Zow!! I'm officially part of the 21st century - I'm a blogger! Perhaps a bloggette. I feel so special now that I have the same skills that most 10 year old's have. Hallelujah!

OK, enough with the exclamation points.

About me: pretty nondescript except for my tiny obsession for audiobooks - love to listen to them, love to read reviews, love to share them. Yeah, I know...get a cat. Not going to happen so either stop reading or be prepared to listen up (figuratively speaking).

There's not enough time to list all my favorites on today's blog so here are a few titles (in no particular order) to jump start my thoughts:

Fiction:
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin
The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz
Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

Non-Fiction:
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder

OK , that's it. That's respectable. Later...



No comments: